CPT's Strand East, London
Near the Olympic Parc in East London LandProp, which is a part of the Inter Ikea Group, realizes the extensive project ‘Strand East’. At the 12,000 square meters large plot a brand new district will arise which, among other things includes:
- 1,200 homes, most of them with three or more bedrooms
- 50,000 square meters of commercial space for creative young companies
- An underground garage area to avoid cars in the neighborhood
- An area that will serve as joint pivot of the district
- A restaurant
- A hotel with 350 rooms
- A school and nursery
- Bridges, pedestrian and cycle paths
- Quays with mooring places for water taxis
The project is fully in accordance with the IKEA philosophy; affordable, aimed at families, simple and reliable.
GSNED was commissioned by Hektec bv, an engineering company specialized in engineering, monitoring and controlling works in the field of geo- and foundation techniques, to perform the geotechnical soil investigation for the realisation of the quay constructions.